Saturday, May 7, 2011

Photos of typical Haiti






Here are some typical Haiti photos.  People are busy going about their daily business:  shining shoes, selling neatly stacked piles of potatoes, carrying cold drinks for sale, balancing baskets of toiletries on their heads, and scurrying about trying to make some Gourdes to survive.  Unfortunately, one of the changes I’ve noticed since my last visit is people are no longer happy and joyful; no one smiles or waves hello.  Of course I can’t blame them given the conditions they live in, but that triumph of spirit and resiliency is what I most loved about Haitians and I am sad to see it gone.


These photos above are typical Haiti: a woman styling her mom's hair, a man selling drinks from a cooler on his head, women selling fruit and veggies on the side of the road, There is also a couple of the tent camp in Petionville and the tent camp downtown. And one with me and two girls in a Montessori school.
 
                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment