Sunday, March 3, 2013

Legos for Haiti

Do your children have Legos they no longer play with? Can they share some with the children in Haiti? 

I'm collecting used Legos to have a Lego camp with the children in Haiti. When I brought some of my sons' Legos to for the girls in my Haitian host family this past August, they had no idea what to do with them. They had never built anything! I realized that if they weren't used to building and creating things, the other Haitian children probably weren't either, so the Lego idea was born. 

Because there are so few learning materials at school, children learn by memorizing. They don't do anything that is hands on nor creative. My goal with the Lego camps is to teach some basic engineering skills to the children and also teach them creativity. I'll post pictures of their creations.

If you have Legos to donate, please contact me for the address. 

No comments:

Post a Comment