Saturday, January 8, 2011

The School after the earthquake


These are pictures of earthquake damage at Gentille Hirondelle school, the school where I will be volunteering.  I am trying to raise $10,000 to rebuild the school roof







July 15, 2011 update: I finished up my month in Haiti with great success.  To date I raised a total of $13,373.03!  With this we roofed the school and accomplished a number of other small projects.  Please check recent posts for specific details and photos.

I am currently accepting donations for for my 2012 projects: building a bathroom at the school, installing playground equipment, purchasing supplies for the school (work desks, clocks, filing cabinets, school supplies, learning materials, etc...), and constructing a vocation high school and tourism project.

Gentille Hirondelle School, an elementary school in Tabarre, Haiti, on the outskirts of Port-au-Prince
Address: Tabarre 27, Imp. Ph. Ciceron, # 74 a l'interieur, Port-au-Prince, Haiti

All donations will go directly to help students and the school in Haiti.  All volunteers pay their own costs and no donations go towards volunteers.  



No comments:

Post a Comment