I'm getting ready for my August 2012 trip back to Haiti to check on my projects. Here's what we've accomplished in the past few months:
-We began our first adult literacy class in June 2012. We now have 42 Haitian adults learning to read and write for the first time! (Thank you to their sponsors!)
-I collected more than 250 recorders (Thank you friends and music teachers!) and the children will start their first music class in the fall!
-Major construction of Gentille Elementay is completed
-Bathrooms were build at the school and I recent sent a water pump so the school will have water for hand washing for the first time
-My children collected school supplies, including more than 1000 pencils, and stickers that they distributed to the children at the school
-We began plans to build a science-themed middle school
|New bathrooms for the children|
|First adult literacy class|
Want to help?
1. You can sponsor an adult for $70 to attend a 10-month literacy class to learn to read and write
2. You can collect gently used children's books to add to the schools' mini-library
3. You can donate any used laptops in working condition (old, slow, small problems ok)
4. You can send gently used French books for any age (no sex or violence please)
5. You can donate to any of our projects!
As always, thank you for your support!